For those of you who don't hear it (or don't hear it enough):
- Thank you for loving these children, even when they're angry with you.
- Thank you for making sure they are clothed, even when you buy the "wrong thing".
- Thank you for making nutritious meals, and making sure these children eat adequate amounts of all the food groups (including desserts!), even when someone hates one item on their plate.
- Thank you for keeping track of the calendar; knowing when a cold lunch is needed and when the concerts/plays/events are scheduled to take place, even when your presence at such events causes embarrassment.
- Thank you for noticing when the shampoo/soap/toothpaste/toilet paper is running low, even when you buy the wrong brand, and especially when you're buying these things on a weekly basis because everyone overuses these products.
- Thank you for going out of your way to purchase someone's "favorite" brand of breakfast cereal, even if they change their mind when you bring it home, and it's now the least favorite brand of breakfast cereal.
- Thank you for knowing to put just enough [insert ingredient here] in the food, so that someone can easily pick around them, while others can enjoy them, even if you can never put too few/too many [ingredient] in anything.
- Thank you for the reminders to cut fingernails and toenails, even if you are "nagging" and have to issue several reminders.
- Thank you for the numerous rides, even if you are late for the drop-off/pick-up. Also, thank you for constantly cleaning out your car due to the numerous wrappers/items left behind during these rides.
- Thank you for the endless supply of gift bags and cards and for helping pick out birthday presents for a never-ending string of parties, even if you are cheap and don't spend enough on the recipients.
The list can go on, but you get the idea. Thanks to all moms who go out of their way and do things for the children in their lives.
Happy Mother's Day!