Friday, February 19, 2010

The Rules... Today

After being reminded of my rights last week, I was emailed by the bio-mom this week with questions about my step-daughter's eye doctor appointment. So apparently, I am an appropriate person with whom she can discuss such matters... this week.

What I wish for is consistency on her part. Why is she unable to decide on our level of communication and leave it at that? I am tired of guessing whether or not it's appropriate for me to communicate certain information, but I think I may have found a pattern:
  • Monday = I'm ok to discuss school issues, clothing purchases and lunch accounts
  • Tuesday = no communication allowed; it is not appropriate for me to discuss anything regarding the children
  • Wednesday = I'm ok to discuss only via email, and only regarding clothing purchases
  • Thursday = I'm allowed to transport the children or their items
  • Friday = no communication allowed; it's not appropriate for me to discuss anything regarding the children
  • Saturday = I can send emails regarding the children, but they will not be replied to until early next week. At that time, the level of response depends on the date of the response - not the date the communication was initially sent
  • Sunday = lottery day; depending on what the bio-mom's week has been like, I may or may not be an appropriate communicator of any information regarding the children
That pretty much sums it up. Ok, ok... maybe it's a bit sarcastic, but it does seem like the bio-mom's feelings regarding the level of communication she has with me are truly this random and ridiculous.

It's kind of a fun game. Kind of. Unfortunately, I've lost the rules and I'm playing with a 5-year-old who is deciding on the rules with each shake of the dice. It's hard to keep it all straight in my head.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment