Yesterday, we decided to use the Lemon Pepper Pappardelle pasta we bought a month or so ago at Trader Joe's.
Around 2:00, I splashed a bit of lemon juice and sprinkled a bit of lemon pepper seasoning on two chicken breasts, then put them in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
Jesse came home after work, and we started making dinner.
It all came together very quickly.
- 1 pkg. Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper Pappardelle pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with lemon juice and lemon pepper
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 5 stalks of asparagus, trimmed of "woody" ends, and sliced on the bias into 1.5" pieces
- 1/2 cup of frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 cup of shredded or matchstick carrots
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp. butter
- To the melted butter, whisk in 2 Tbsp. flour and make a roux
- Slowly add 1 cup of chicken broth, whisking until incorporated into the roux
- Slowly add 1 cup of 1% or skim milk, whisking until incorporated
- Stir in garlic powder, onion salt and fresh ground pepper and bring to a slow boil
- reduce heat to low and stir occassionally
- After sauce thickens, add frozen peas and carrots and continue stirring occasionally
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When 1 minute remains in the pasta cooking time, add asparagus to the water and stir.
- Drain pasta and asparagus and set aside
- Over medium heat, grill chicken breasts until cooked through. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, then slice into 1" strips.
- Combine pasta, asparagus and sauce, mixing well to ensure noodles are coated.
- Spoon pasta and sauce onto plate, and top with the chicken breasts.